HOW TO BOOST YOUR SEO RANKING ON GOOGLE PART 1
You can have the most beautifully designed, aesthetically pleasing website out there...but if no one can find it, all of that means absolutely nothing! Boosting your SEO ranking on Google is undoubtedly the best way to get more people on your website. Over 70% of search engine traffic comes from Google. And on mobile devices, that number increases to 85%! In today’s blog post we are going to show you some Google SEO strategies that we have implemented not only for our clients, but for ourselves at Spire Marketing, one of the top Pensacola web design agencies.
Have a Solid Base
Before jumping into any super advanced strategies, it’s best to look at your foundation. Is your website even constructed properly? Several parts of your page structure are weighed heavily in Google’s algorithm. Here’s a quick little checklist you can go through:
- Aesthetics. Be honest with yourself. Has your site been well-designed? Do you think the average viewer will actually want to stay on your site? Your bounce rate is weighed heavily in Google’s algorithm.
- Load speed. Do the pages on your site load in a timely fashion? Google actually recommends that every page load in under 2 seconds.
- Mobile optimization. Has your site been optimized for all mobile devices? Or do visitors have to pinch and scroll just to see everything clearly? In recent years, Google has rewarded the websites with better mobile performance, due to the rise in mobile traffic.
- Image size. This goes with our second item on the list, load speed. If your website pages are full of monstrously large photos, they take a much longer time to load. Large images need to be compressed in order to load quicker on a site.
- Alt text. This is something that quite a few business owners either don’t know about, or don’t know how to do. It is super key though, due to the fact that Google technically can’t “see” your pictures. Alt text needs to be there, in order for Google to actually know what is in your picture, and what your web page is all about. Working with a web designer or web design agency is super helpful, because they can help you know what exact keywords to use, that people will be searching for on Google.
- URLs. Make sure your web page URLs look clean and concise, without a bunch of numbers. If we used a URL like spiremk.com/56932_54871_gen384 it would look spammy to Google and also confuse people as to what the website page even entails.
Optimize Your Links
You need to make sure that all of your links are working properly and used correctly. There’s two types of links that you should be focusing on, internal links and external links.
- Internal Links. Google will definitely prioritize your site if you pay attention to and capitalize on your internal links. These are simply just the links on your site that lead to other parts of your site. Google likes the fact that this makes your site more cohesive and easy to navigate for the user. Ultimately, this will pay off in the long run, because people will click a link to another part of your site, and STAY on your site. If your content (blog posts, infographics, FAQs, etc.) is engaging enough, people will be more likely to come back to your site, too! All of this will show Google that your website must be important! This won’t go unrewarded in Google’s algorithm.
- External Links. External links are links to and from other websites. The first way you can use external links is by linking to other similar websites...kind of like we did several times in this blog post! There are two things to keep in mind with this strategy. First, make sure that you are actually linking to reputable sites - nothing spammy. Secondly, make sure that the websites have similar content to that of your website. It’s important that the linked web pages are relevant, because Google needs to actually know what your web page is all about. It will definitely base this off the external links you provide on the page. You also need to have links to your site from other websites. This gives Google some “social proof” and shows that you actually are trustworthy.
What are some ways that you can do this? Well, first off, take advantage of any social media platforms that you’re on. Include a link to your website in your “About”/bio sections on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc. Include links to your website in your posts, as well. Say, for example, that you just put up a new blog post on your site. You can easily share this on social media within seconds! Do, however, keep in mind that Instagram doesn’t allow this in the captions, unfortunately. There are a variety of other ways that you get your links on other websites. Write a guest blog post for someone. Post content on your site that people will be inclined to share. It all has a snowball effect.
WHERE CAN I GET HELP WITH MY SEO RANKING ON GOOGLE?
Don’t hesitate to reach out to Spire Marketing! We are a top Pensacola web design agency that loves helping businesses enhance their SEO, website design, logo design, and more! If you contact us, you will receive a FREE strategy call, to get our input on anything that your business is struggling with.
Stay tuned for Part 2 next week. We will go over several more ways that you boost your SEO on Google!