As we mentioned in Part 1 of this series, you can have a well-designed, beautiful website, but if your site can’t be found, that means nothing. Recently, more business owners have become aware of the importance of ranking high on Google. This has worked out great for them, while ultimately separating them from competitors who neglected their SEO. Read on, as we will elaborate on what Google SEO strategies you can easily incorporate onto your website, either by yourself, or with a website agency to help boost your ranking. We implement all of these strategies for our own website and for our SEO client’s at Spire Marketing.
Figuring out what keywords your target market are searching for online will help you immensely. There are several sites that can help you narrow down exactly what they are searching for. Once you are able to compile a list of those keywords, you can place them in your headlines, alt text and website copy!
Here’s a few common mistakes that businesses make in the keyword process:
- Not enough research: Some businesses only research keywords one time, and then just use the first ones they like. This is all an experimental process; research and testing are essential.
- No updates: Just like every other part of your business, adapting is key. Your keyword list will always need to be updated/added to.
- Picking popular keywords: You should be picking keywords that aren’t overly saturated. You don’t want to be getting lost in the shuffle. The more targeted your keywords are, the better.
Get “Google Guaranteed”
In 2018, Google created a program called “Google Guaranteed.” If a business is Google Guaranteed, they will actually show up in a special little section at the top of the search results page, with a green check mark next to their name. Google even says they will refund (up to $2,000) anyone who isn’t happy with the Google Guaranteed service provider. Terms apply obviously (see here), but this definitely will add a great deal of trust to your potential customers, nonetheless. This is what a Google Guaranteed business will come up as in the search results:
How can you get Google Guaranteed? Well, first off, you need to be sure that your business is actually eligible for it. You and your business will also go through an intensive screening process, where they check on things such as your license, insurance, reviews, etc.
In the United States, this program is offered to:
- appliance repair
- auto glass
- car repair
- carpet & upholstery cleaning
- event planners
- garage door installers
- house cleaning
- junk removal
- lawn care
- pest control companies
- pet boarding
- pet grooming
- tree service
- water damage services
- window cleaning and repair.
In Canada, this program isn’t quite as widely accessible. It is only offered to:
- HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning)
Don’t Forget The Little Things
There’s quite a few smaller website details that business owners tend to gloss over, for a variety of reasons. Here a few “little” things that can still make a big difference on your business’s website:
- Bulleted and numbered lists. They need to be designed correctly, and aesthetically pleasing.
- Grammar. Grammatical errors not only look unprofessional, but they also could hinder some of your credibility for Google, depending on how bad they are.
- Updated Content. Always find ways to update your customers and show that you care. There’s several different parts of the site that you can update on the regular, such as photo galleries, blog posts, page content, etc.
WHERE CAN I GET HELP WITH MY SEO RANKING ON GOOGLE?
Contact Spire Marketing! We are a top Pensacola web design agency that can help you with the website process, start to finish. We build websites & logos, aid in copywriting, and help with the ongoing SEO of our sites, just to name a few of our services. By contacting us, you will actually get a FREE strategy call, as well!